Javelin Group’s Operations team works with leading retailers and brands to realise superior economic performance by transforming their end-to-end supply chain and retail operations for the digital era. Our dedicated team of retail specialists has many years of experience in the strategic transformation of retail supply chains and selling operations (in store, online, and telephone), with deep experience in all of the key functional areas (retail and ecommerce buying, merchandising, supply chain, logistics, retail store operations and contact centre).
The operations consultant role will involve gathering, analysing and presenting information on the current operations, understanding future business growth plans and translating these into logistics volumes, modelling fulfilment options, processes and operations, estimating capital costs, people required and implementation planning, and presenting to the client. As a consultant you will normally work as part of a 2 to 3 person team, under the leadership of a consulting manager or associate director. Our clients are based in the UK and overseas, and the work will require on average 1 to 2 nights per week away from home, although at times this may be as much as 4 nights per week.
Typical projects last between 2 and 6 months. Examples of recent programme management assignments delivered by our team include:
- Luxury multi-brand company: Contact centre strategy and implementation
- Boohoo.com: Development of medium term logistics strategy
- Jumbo (2nd largest grocery retailer in Netherlands): Creation and launch of full ecommerce business function
- Danish fashion retailer: Creating and implementing ecommerce logistics strategy
- Leading UK fashion retailer: Online logistics strategy
- Leading UK grocery retailer: Online logistics strategy, set up and interim management
- Leading pureplay grocery online retailer: Ranging strategy
Education and Qualifications
Exceptionally bright. Good academic background (including A or A* Maths A-level) and highly numerate.
- Good understanding of ecommerce logistics, either grocery or fashion/general merchandise
- Excellent interpersonal and client facing skills
- Practical, logical, self-confident and implementation focussed
- Confident use of MS PowerPoint, Excel, Word
- Strong desire to work in retail consulting
- Located within commuting distance of London
Salary and Benefits
The salary will be highly competitive. Substantial bonuses and share options are available. The company also offers health and life insurance.
Please apply with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title in the subject line of the email.