The technology consultant works with the team to deliver assignments with leading retail and brand clients, advising them on technology strategy and technology package selection in support of achieving their business and IT objectives.
The role will involve gathering, analysing and presenting information on business requirements, processes, application functionality, cost and the impacts of these on the client organisation and their existing technology. The technology consultant will normally work as part of a 2 to 3 person team, under leadership of a technology consulting manager or director.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with a consulting manager to understand a client’s business, its ambitions, drivers, processes and constraints to meet client project requirements
- Conduct and lead business analysis and requirements gathering, process documentation, project deliverable creation and support
- Work with consulting manager to provide support at client update sessions
- Contribute to presentation development, system functional architecture analysis and drive solution identification and implementation
- Develop / co-ordinate / manage project plan sections and reports and reports status on plan sections
- Develop PowerPoint reports and present the contents to a senior audience of IT and business professionals within the client up to director level
- While most of your time will be spent discussing and analysing major applications, you will also be required to describe underlying infrastructure and other IT terms such as: outsourcing, data centre, requirements capture, as-is and to-be architecture, PCI-DSS, ERP, SOA, RDBMS, ITIL, ESB, HTTP, LAMP, Java, agile, waterfall
Essential Experience and Knowledge
- Previous experience of ecommerce development or systems integration within a retailer, retail consultancy or retail supplier. Alternatively you may be working between business departments and ecommerce development teams to provide specifications, direction and management of systems changes required
- Experience of business technology and how it impacts on a company’s ability to operate and a good understanding of the core components of multi-channel retailing
Desirable Experience and Knowledge
- Ability to describe major trends in multi-channel or retail systems and participate in a discussion of how they impact large retailers
- Previous experience of technology selection or strategy work
Skills and Attributes
- Ability to articulate complex information in a clear and easily digested manner to a non-technical audience
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build good client relationships, having the credibility and impact associated with a client-facing role
- Engaging, confident, articulate and literate
- Professional at all times in personal appearance, language and manner
- Quick thinking with high attention to detail in both written and numeric work
Education and Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in a numerate subject or subject requiring the analysis of a significant quantity of data and the drawing of conclusions.
Salary and Benefits
The salary will be highly competitive. Substantial bonuses and share options are available. The company also offers health and life insurance.
Please apply with your CV to email@example.com and include the job title in the subject line of the email.