We develop and implement international retail store, ecommerce and omni-channel expansion plans which include: retail market planning, retail market entry strategies, retail offer development and retail operational planning.
We deliver practical and achievable international retail expansion strategies and operational plans, across all retail channels, with appropriate implementation support. Our approach typically supports three phases of international retail expansion:
1 International retail advance planning
For each country, we assist executive teams with appropriate research and retail market testing:
- Compare retail markets to assess where the best opportunities lie, based on the ‘accessible’ size of the opportunity and the relative ease of entry, brand synergy with local consumers and potential competitive strength.
- Local legal and technological barriers/costs that may impact imports, retail store development and leasing. Are these barriers prohibitive to running a successful operation?
- Detailed market entry studies and retail audits of prioritised countries. Key shopping venues for synergetic brands, market positioning and pricing structure/approach of key competitors.
2 Implementation of international retail plan
We support the management team with implementation solutions:
- Appropriate omni-channel retail mix (store, ecommerce, catalogue)
- Operating model (concession, franchise, joint venture, outright ownership) and identification of appropriate partners
- Prioritise geographic retail store roll-out to ensure the right stores open in the best venues
- Supply chain planning
- Organisational structure planning
- On-going support throughout the implementation process
3 Optimising growth and profitability of international retail
- Longer term business planning in new territories to ensure economies of scale and optimised profitability are achieved
- Identifying local hubs to grow the business into surrounding territories to ensure you optimise your international network
Please contact Richard F Wolff or call (0)20 7961 3200 to discuss your requirements.