Lakeland invests in website upgrade to hybris ecommerce platform, delivered by Javelin Group.
London, 6 May 2015. Creative kitchenware company, Lakeland, has re-launched its ecommerce website with the help of its long-term implementation partner Javelin Group, Europe’s leading retail strategy consultancy and systems integrator.
Various improvements to the Lakeland website have been implemented as the company continues to invest in giving its customers the best possible multi-channel retail shopping experience.
Lakeland has been using the hybris ecommerce website platform to power its online sales growth since 2011 and this most recent investment sees the business move to the latest edition of the hybris suite. Lakeland commissioned the upgrade from its long term systems integration partner, Javelin Group, whose experienced team delivered the six month project on time and to budget.
As a result of moving to hybris 5.2 Lakeland now has:
- New search and merchandising tools that help customers find products more easily, and the Lakeland team to manage their assortment more effectively and efficiently
- New content management tools that improve the ease with which Lakeland’s web team publishes its compelling content
- Improvements to the responsive design, used by the website since 2012 but now improved to make the website work even better on tablets and other mobile devices
- Performance and security improvements, so that the website loads more quickly while also supporting continuing substantial sales growth
Along with the platform upgrade, Lakeland took the opportunity to implement a creative refresh, designed by Lancaster based website agency Fat Media. The new site design delivers various usability improvements, but with over 50% of traffic to Lakeland.co.uk now coming from mobile devices, most attention went on making the site as ‘mobile friendly’ as possible.
The new website continues to offer Lakeland customers a single view of stock, updated in real time, used to support the Lakeland Click/Collect service that provides most customers with the ability to collect their order at one of Lakeland’s 69 UK stores within an hour of placing their order.
Now that Lakeland is running on the latest hybris technology, customers will be able to benefit quickly from future hybris updates, as implementation will be straight-forward and development times significantly reduced.
Lakeland Marketing Director, Tony Preedy, said: “We aim to delight our customers, not only with our innovative kitchenware products, but with our service, in our stores and on our website. It has been an absolute pleasure, yet again, to work with the knowledgeable and professional Javelin Group team on this project, and I am delighted with our new website, with its improved performance and enhanced customer experience.”
Javelin Group CTO, Fraser Davidson, said: “We have been working with Lakeland for many years now, and we were thrilled to be re-engaged for this hybris upgrade project. With our highly-experienced team of architects, business analysts, project managers, and hybris developers, we were able to delight our client and deliver this project on time and on budget.”
In the press
- Retail Systems: Lakeland moves to hybris 5.2
- Consultancy.uk: Javelin Group supports relaunch of Lakeland ecommerce site
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.